There are several companies and platforms that offer opportunities to get paid for testing websites and providing feedback. These companies hire website testers to help businesses improve the user experience of their websites and apps.
So Why Pay Someone to test a website?
Here are some popular ones:
- UserTesting: UserTesting is one of the most well-known platforms for website testing. Testers are paid for providing feedback on websites, apps, and prototypes.
- Userlytics: Userlytics offers website testing opportunities as well as mobile app testing and prototype testing. Testers are compensated for their time and feedback.
- TryMyUI: TryMyUI provides website and app testing services for businesses. Testers receive payments for each test completed and are required to provide their thoughts on the user experience.
- Enroll: Enroll lets you participate in quick usability tests for websites and apps. Payments are typically small, but the tests are short and easy to complete.
- TestingTime: TestingTime offers opportunities to test websites and participate in online interviews related to user experience research. Compensation varies based on the complexity of the study.
- Validately: Validately provides website and app testing projects to testers. You may be asked to complete various tasks and provide feedback for compensation.
- Respondent.io: While primarily focused on market research studies, Respondent.io occasionally offers website testing opportunities. Payments vary depending on the study.
- IntelliZoom: IntelliZoom (formerly known as UserZoom) allows you to participate in usability studies and website testing. Compensation varies based on the length and complexity of the study.
- Amazon Mechanical Turk: While not exclusively for website testing, Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) offers various microtasks, including website testing and feedback tasks.
- WhatUsersDo: WhatUsersDo connects testers with businesses looking for website and app feedback. Testers are compensated for their insights.
- UTest: UTest (now known as Applause) offers a variety of testing opportunities, including website testing, mobile app testing, and more. Compensation varies.
- PlaytestCloud: PlaytestCloud focuses on mobile game testing, but it occasionally offers website testing opportunities for testers interested in the gaming industry.
Remember that pay rates and the availability of tests can vary depending on your location, demographics, and the demand for testers. It’s essential to sign up for multiple platforms and regularly check for new testing opportunities to maximize your earnings as a website tester. Additionally, read the terms and conditions of each platform and ensure they are legitimate before providing your personal information or participating in tests.