When you try to backup Whatsapp on FMWhatsapp or GBWhatsapp to Google drive you get the error “Unable to access your account at this time, please try again later”.
This error means that you will not be able to have a cloud backup of your chats in your most MODs installations of whatsapp.
The problem normally happens after you switch from the official whatsapp to many versions of MODs like FM and GB WHATSAPP.
After you install GB OR FM whatsapp, you are unable to sync your databases to G-drive.
In this article, we teach you an alternative way to back up your whatsapp to GDrive.
Steps to Back Up FMWhatsapp to Gdrive
- Go to Google Play store and download the APP FolderSync
- Install the App and open it.
- Authenticate and Give permission to Google drive.
- In the App go to accounts and add your Google Drive account.
- After adding the account proceed and go to FolderPairs in FolderSync.
- Now set up the google drive folder and Local folder you wish to Sync.
- Make sure to choose Sync type – Two way so that syncing is done on both Folders.
- Go through other preferences available on that screen and set them any way that serves you perfectly.
- When Done Click save and exit.
- Now your App will sync with Gdrive according to the preferences you specified.
So how do I use the backup?
If you want to get a back up of your chats after you have installed MODs on a new phone, or if you uninstalled and reinstalled and now want the back up here is what you need to do.
- Install the MOD but don’t open it.
- Download the APP FolderSync on the new phone where you want the backup
- Go through all the steps provided above so that the new whatsapp GB or FM whatsapp can sync what you had on Gdrive to the phone.
- When the sync is complete, restart your phone and start your GBwhatsapp.
- When prompted, don’t use the first option to restore your contacts. Also do not accept the option to copy the data from google drive.
- The App will warn you that there’s a backup available on your phone internal memory. Accept and restore that copy by pressing Restore.
Please note that during Setup of FM and GBWhatsapp you will be asked if you want to import a backup from google. Simply decline at that level as you will keep running into the same error. Ignore and use the method above.
Secondly do not try to restore chats after you have already verified and opened up your FMwhatsapp. You must go through the process before opening your WhatsApp and using it to chat. Nothing will work if you first set up and open WhatsApp then you try to get a backup restored.
If you have any other way to backup GBWhatsapp that you know, we would be very glad to hear from you. Leave us a comment in the comment box below.