We love sports. So let’s share some of the facts about your favorite games that you may not know. Some of these facts will be held facts up to the date of publishing this article on July 8th, 2021.
7) When the Americans defeated favorite England in the 1950 World Cup, many newspapers around the world believed the 1-0 score was a typo and instead printed that England won 10-1.
6) The average golf ball has 336 dimples.
5) It takes approximately 3,000 cows to supply the NFL with enough leather for a year’s supply of footballs.
4) Formula One Driver, Sebastian Vettel, is superstitious! The German Redbull racer Wears Lucky Coins in His Racing Boots
3) After testing positive for cocaine in Italy in 1991 and failing another test during the 1994 World Cup, soccer great Diego Maradona decided to hide the evidence when He took a drug test with a fake plastic piece of manhood filled with clean urine.
1) The longest tennis match took place in 2010 at Wimbledon Open. John Isner of the United States beat Nicolas Mahut of France in a match that lasted 11 hours and five minutes. It took 3 days to complete!